If you are looking for the highest quality of streams and content in Kodi, then the Reality Kodi addon is what are you looking for. Featuring nothing by 4K, UHD, and premium media to stream, our Reality guide tells you everything you need to know.
The Reality Kodi addon comes from the Maverick TV repo. It’s focus is on providing users with the best quality content.
Table of Contents
- Reality Kodi Sections
- 4K UHD Streaming in Kodi
- No Buffer Streaming Tips
- How to Install Reality
- How to use Reality for FREE
You might be thinking “that means I have to be a paying customer in order to use this addon, right?”
Below are steps to get you setup using the addon for free as well.
Before we get to the good stuff, let’s have a look at what is included in the addon:
Reality Kodi Sections
After you install the addon, Reality has the following options from the main menu:
- 4K UHD Movies
- New Releases
- FHD Torrents (Classics)
- Movies List One (Contemporary and Classic)
- Movies List Two (Classic)
- Movies List Three (Classic)
- Kids Movies
- 3D Movies
- HD TV Shows
- Reality Toolbox
- Authorize Real Debrid
- Authorize Premiumize
- Openload Pair Here
Use the options in the Reality Toolbox to quick authorize Real Debrid and Premiumize into the addon. Links in the addon will not work until you authorize your accounts.
Next lets have a look at how to install the Reality Kodi addon.
Underneath that is how you can use this addon without being a paid customer to Real Debrid or Premiumize (though both services are worth their money 10 times over!)
4K UHD Streaming in Kodi
Tons of people frequently ask us why they can’t find 4K or high definition streams in Kodi for free. The answer is because free file hosts do not have the bandwidth to host and support these large files.
Hosting media requires server space and when you stream in Kodi, you aren’t giving any ad revenue back to the file host. For this reasons, the only way these hosts are sustainable is if they provide low quality streams.
The Reality Kodi addon uses cached torrent functions from Real Debrid and Premiumize to provide content. When one person uploads media to Debrid or Premiumize, it is stored into cache where it can be quickly retrieved without needing to be downloaded from the server again.
This allows these services to give you high quality media without requiring a ton of bandwidth to serve it up.
No Buffer Streaming Tips
- Hard-wire Kodi to your ethernet. The latency over wi-fi is generally 10x that of wired and wi-fi cannot handle live streams. This is the number one of the streaming tips we can suggest
- Make sure your internet speed is equal to or greater than 10mbps. This is a guideline, but 10mbps seems to be the minimum recommended speed for live streaming. If your speed test shows lower than this, live streams will not work reliably.
- Run the latest version of Kodi. Dependencies and back-end drivers are updated with each new version of Kodi and live streams use hese new dependencies.
- Make sure your Kodi box has a minimum of 2GB of RAM. 1GB of RAM is not enough to process and handle live streaming.
- Try a VPN. Some internet service providers detect when you are streaming media and they throttle your connection. A VPN keeps your connection safe and allows you to stream freely.
How to Install Reality Kodi Add-on
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like maverick and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > maverick > mavrepo.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Maverick repository > Video Add-ons > Reality > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
View Premiumize Torrents For Free in Kodi
Premiumize allows users to stream its selection of cached torrents from the cloud without paying for a premium account!
Cached torrents are the backbones of a good UHD Kodi addon. Free file hosts do not have the bandwidth to supply HD content.
To setup Premiumize for free within the Reality Kodi addon:
- Use our Premiumize guide to create a free account. Don’t worry, you can create an account without following through with any money payment.
- Use the instructions above to install the Reality Kodi addon.
- Launch the Reality addon.
- From the main menu, select Reality Toolbox
- Click on Authorize Premiumize
- You will be asked to visit a website. You can do this from any phone or computer connected to the same network as your Kodi box is.
- Visit that website and enter in the authorize code. You may have to log in to your Premiumize account.
- After you are authorized, you can launch any link in the addon and it will work with your free Premiumize account.
As an added helpful hint, most of the sections in the Reality Kodi addon list Premiumize compatibility at the top of the section.
NOTE: If you see this guide on any other website than K O D I T I P S.com it has been stolen.
Let us know on Twitter what you think!
The post Reality Kodi Addon: 4K UHD High Definition Content appeared first on Kodi Tips.